Originally known as 'Canongate from Leith', the lodge was constituted on
2 March 1738. The name was changed to 'St David' in August 1756 and
University Lodge status granted in November 2013.
The exact founding date of the Lodge is not known, but Grand Lodge acknowledges a date before 1720.
The lodge recieved its Charter in 1763, and was the first wholly speculative lodge in Aberdeen.
The Charter
of the lodge indicates the lodge was founded on the 1st of April,
1735. The lodge is in the process of joining the University Scheme.